BRAGADAYJAH 139

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 900

BRAGADAYJAH 900
Samuel speaks to Saul.

And Samuel said to Saul “Why has thou disquieted me to bring me up?” And Saul said, “I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answers me no more, neither does he answer me by prophets, nor by dreams. Therefore I call you to make known unto me what I shall do.” Then Samuel asked Saul why he was asking him if the Lord had departed from him and had become his enemy.  Samuel also told him that the Lord had taken the kingdom away from him and had given it to David, because he Saul had disobeyed the voice of the Lords in not enforcing His fierce wrath against Amalek.  That is why, Samuel explained to him, the Lord has abandoned him. Besides, Samuel told him the Lord will deliver Israel, as well as yourself into the hands of the Philistines. And when Saul heard the reply of Samuel, he fainted, because he was terrified and had not eaten all day. And he was afraid of what he had heard.  And seeing that Saul had fainted, the witch sought to revive him and spoke to him and tried to encourage him to eat, so that he might regain his strength. But Saul refused and said, “I will not eat.” But his servants along with the woman persuaded him; and the woman killed a young calf and prepared it and baked bread and gave it to Saul and he did eat. [In the next episode, we will take a closer look at this woman called the witch of Endor, what she did or did not do in response to Saul’s request to her, how and why Samuel long dead was able to appear and speak to  Saul as he evidently did.]

No comments:

Post a Comment