BRAGADAYJAH 139

Friday, March 4, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 895


BRAGADAYJAH 895
David Tries again to plead with Saul
Having removed Saul’s spear and water bottle in the night while he was in a deep sleep induced by the Lord, David stood on a hillside the next morning at a safe distance of course, and shouted out to the people around Saul, and addressing Abner his commander by name and said to him. “Abner, can you hear me Abner?”  And Abner answered back and asked who was it that was shouting out to the king? and David asked him, “Are you a brave man?  And are there any others like you in all Israel? How therefore have you not protected your Lord the king?  This thing that you have done is not good. As the Lord is my witness, you are worthy of death because you have not protected the king the Lord’s anointed. And to prove it where is the king’s spear and the cruse of water that was by his pillow?”  Saul recognized David’s voice and asked.  “Is this the voice of my son David?”  And David said, “It is my voice my Lord O king.”  And David asked Saul, “Why, therefore d you continue to pursue me? What have I done, or what evil is in my hand? Therefore O king here these my words. If the Lord has stirred you up against me let him accept an offering; but if it is the children of men, cursed be they before the Lord for they have driven me out this day from abiding in the presence of the Lord saying go serve other gods.” “Therefore,” David continued to address Saul, “Let not my blood fall to the earth before the face of the Lord; for the king of Israel is come out to seek a flea, as when one hunts a partridge in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment