BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 892

 BRAGADAYJAH 892
David Spares Saul’s Life
After that Saul returned from chasing the Philistines; and he learnt that David was at Engedi in the wilderness.  And he took three thousand chosen men of war and went out after David. Eventually he came to the very cave in which David and his men were hiding; but being weary he sat down near the mouth of the cave and fell asleep. Seeing Saul asleep, David’s men told him to seize the opportunity to kill him as the Lord had delivered his enemy into his hand, that he may deal with him as he saw fit. Then David went and cut off a piece from the robe Saul was wearing; but other than that, he did not hurt the King. Nevertheless, after that, David felt guilt within his heart for cutting the King’s robe, and he said unto his men, “The Lord forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the Lord’s anointed, to stretch forth my hand against him, seeing he is the Lord’s anointed.”  So David calmed his servants with those words, and caused them not to rise against Saul.  Afterwards Saul woke up and left the cave, and went his way; and David followed him out of the cave and called to Saul and shouted to him, and bowing before him, addressed him and said. “My Lord the king, why do you listen to men’s words saying that I seek your hurt? Behold this day your eyes have seen that the Lord had delivered you into my hands in the cave; and some urged me to kill you; but my eyes spared you and I said, I will not put forth my hand against my Lord for he is the Lord’s anointed.” (to be continued).









No comments:

Post a Comment