BRAGADAYJAH 139

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 893

BRAGADAYJAH 893
David Continues to Plead with Saul

David’s rationale was that as much as Saul wanted to take his life, he was not at liberty to kill Saul because Saul was the Lord’s anointed. So he continued to reason with Saul, appealing to his paternal relationship with him. “Moreover my father he addressed Saul, see this skirt of your robe in my hand, for just as I cut off the skirt of your robe and kill you not, that alone should tell you that there is no evil in me, and I bare you no malice; and I have not sinned against you.  Yet you hunt me, and seek my life to kill me. The Lord will judge between you and me; the Lord will avenge you for me; but my hand will not be laid against you. You know the ancient proverb which says, ‘wickedness proceeds from the wicked;’ but my hand will not be raised against you. Who is the King of Israel chasing, against whom has he come out?  Am I a dog or a fly that you want to kill me?  The Lord, therefore, be judge, and judge between you and me, and plead my cause, and deliver me out of your hand.”  And it came to pass that when David stopped speaking as he did to Saul, he asked; “is this your voice my son David?” And Saul lifted up his voice and wept. Saul now at least for the moment humbles himself before David, and he said to David, “You are more righteous than I am, for you have rewarded me good, whereas I rewarded you with evil. And you have shown this day how you have dealt well with me, for as much as when the Lord delivered me into your hands you did not kill me. For if a man finds his enemy will he let him go?  Therefore now I know that the Lord is going to reward you with the kingship and the Kingdom of Israel shall surely be in your hand. Swear now, therefore, unto me that you will not cut off my seed after me, and will not destroy my name out of your father’s house.”  And David made Saul the promise as he asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment