BRAGADAYJAH 139

Saturday, March 5, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 896

BRAGADAYJAH 896
Saul Admits his guilt

Then Saul lifted up his voice and said, “I have sinned. Return my son David; for I will no more do you harm, since you held my life so precious that you spared my life.  I have played the fool, and have sinned exceedingly.” And David answered and said, “Behold I hold the king’s spear. Let one of the young men come over and get it.” And then he announced. “The Lord renders to every man his righteousness and his faithfulness; For the Lord delivered you into my hand today; but I would not stretch forth my hand against the Lord’s anointed. And moreover, as your life was much set by this day in my eyes, so let my life be much set by in the eyes of the Lord; and let Him deliver me out of my tribulation.” Then Saul said to David, “Blessed be thou, my son David; thou shall both do great things and also shall prevail.”  So David went on his way and Saul returns to his place. Notwithstanding Saul’s words to David, they did not assure him.  In fact David thought to himself that unless he did something, Saul would one day kill him. So he decided to leave the land of Israel and escape and dwell in the land of the philistines with his six hundred men.  So David departed and went to Achish the son of Maoch, king of Gath. And David dwelt with Achish at Gath he and his men each man taking his family with him; and David also took his two wives Ahinoam and Abigail to dwell with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment