BRAGADAYJAH 139

Saturday, April 30, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 952


BRAGADAYJAH 952
David stoned and cursed

Then it came to pass that when David arrived at Bahurim, a man whose name was Shimei, a member of the house of Saul, came out and cast stones at him and at all his servants, and cursed David saying, “Come out, come out you bloody man, you man of Belial.  The Lord has returned upon thee the blood of the house of Saul in whose stead thou hast reigned; the Lord has delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom thy son and behold thou has been taken in thy mischief, because thou art a bloody man.”  Having heard this outburst against the king, Abishai asked, “Why should this dead dog be allowed to curse you, my Lord? Let me go to him and take off his head.”  But David refused and said,  ”the Lord has sent him to curse me. Who then is David to tell him not to?”   Then David said to Abishai and to all his servants. ”Behold my son who came forth from my bowels seek my life. How much more then this Benjamite?  Therefore leave him alone and let him curse for the Lord hath sent him.  It may be that the Lord will look upon my affliction and that the Lord will return me good for his cursing this day.” So David and his servants and his household continued on without retaliation and Shimei continued to curse and to throw stones at them.  And eventually the king and all the people that were with him grew tired and decided to rest where they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment