BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 927

BRAGADAYJAH 927
David Continued to plead with the Lord
David had Nathan the prophet approach God on his behalf as was the proper thing to do, and the Lord replied to Nathan and told him to in fact tell David, No!. David was perplexed. He was not asking anything from God. He was offering to give God something special. A house beautiful, dedicated to Him. And God said no?  How could He say, No? Why should he say No?  .Surely something is wrong; so he went before the Lord God himself.  David’s attitude was, “Lord this is David your beloved. I know you love me and care for me.  You have led me all these years from my youth up.  You have chosen me to lead or at least to be king over your people Israel. You have given me power over all my enemies, even Saul your servant.  And you have promised me to establish my house for ever.  So Lord I am not sure Nathan your prophet heard you aright.  So I am here to hear from you myself.  Are you saying Lord, God you don’t want me your favorite and faithful servant to build you a house?  Lord I just don’t understand why not.  You have said Lord that you have confirmed to yourself a people for ever; so now oh Lord, establish the word you have spoken and your servant forever. And let Thy name be magnified forever. For you O Lord of hosts, God of Israel, has declared to Thy servant,”  “I will build Thee a house.”  “Therefore Lord God let it please thee to bless the house of thy servant that it may continue forever before thee for thou oh Lord has spoken it, therefore let the house of thy servant be blessed forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment