BRAGADAYJAH 139

Saturday, April 23, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 945

BRAGADAYJAH 945
David and the Wise Woman from Tehoah
It happened that Joab, the son of Zeruiah perceived that the King’s heart was grieving for Absalom; so he sent away and found a wise woman and told her to put on mourning clothes, and not to anoint herself, but play the part of a woman who had been mourning for a long time for the dead; and go to the king and speak to him in the way that he would instruct him to speak.  So the woman went before the king and threw herself to the ground before the king and said “Help O king.”  And the king asked her what was it she wanted.  And she answered him and said, “I am an old woman whose husband is dead. And my husband had two sons, and they two strove together in the field, and there was none to part them; and one killed the other. And so now the whole family has risen up against thy handmaid, and are demanding that I deliver up son who smote his brother so that they might kill him.  But my son is my only heir.  If I deliver him up to be killed my husband being long dead, he will be left with no heir.” And the king said to the woman, “Go to thy house and I will give charge concerning thee.” And the woman said, “My Lord O king the iniquity be on me and my father’s house; and the king and his throne be guiltless.” And the king said, “If any one touch you bring him to me, and he will not touch you anymore.”  

Then the woman said, “Let the king remember the Lord Thy God that you will not suffer anymore the avenger of blood to destroy anymore. Lest they destroy my son.” And the king told her, “There shall not be one hair of your son’s head fall to the earth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment