BRAGADAYJAH 139

Thursday, February 25, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 887

BRAGADAYJAH 887
Saul’s Verbal Assault on those Around Him
Abimelech the priest sentenced to death.
With great rage and much verbal assault, Saul told his very servants.  “Hear now you Benjamites, will the son of Jesse give very one of you fields, and vineyards, and make you all captains of thousands and captains of hundreds?  Yet all of you have conspired against me, and there is none that reveal to me that my son has made a league with the son of Jesse, and  that there is none of you who is sorry for me, or to show me that my son has stirred up my servants against me. To lie in wait as at this day!” Then Doeg the Edomite which was head over the servants of Saul, answered and said, “I saw the son of Jesse coming to Nob to Abimelech the son of Ahitub. And he enquired of the Lord for him and gave him victuals and gave him the sword of Goliath the Philistine.”  For this Doeg was there at the house of Abimelech when David was there and received the showbread and was given the sword of Goliath.” The king then sent to call Abimelech the priest the son of Ahitub and all his father’s house, and all the priests who were in Nob, and they came to him. And Saul said, “Hear now you son of Ahitub.” And Ahitub answered, “Here I am now my Lord.” And Saul said unto him, “Why have you and the son of Jesse conspired against me in that you gave him bread and a sword and enquired of God for him that he should rise against me, to lie in wait for me this day?”  Then Abimelech answered and said, and who is so faithful among all your servants as David which is the king’s son in law and goes about at your bidding, and honorable in your house? Did I then begin to enquire of God for him? Be it far from me; let not the king impute anything unto his servant, nor to all the house of my father for thy servants knew nothing of all this less or more. And the king said, “Thou shall surely die Abimelech, you and all your father’s house.”

No comments:

Post a Comment