BRAGADAYJAH 139

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 879

BRAGADAYJAH 879
Jonathon’s Covenant with David
Moreover David said to Jonathon, “Deal kindly with me; for you have bound me into a covenant of the Lord with you. However, if you find any fault in me, slay me yourself and not bring me to your father.” And Jonathon said, “Far be it from you. For I know of a certainty that if evil was determined by my father to come to you, I will surely tell you of it.”  And David asked Jonathon who should tell him, and how would he know if his father spoke roughly to him. And Jonathon told David to let them both go out into the field and they both went out. And Jonathon said to David, “O Lord God, of Israel, when I have sounded out my father about tomorrow, or any time between then and the third day, and there be good toward David and I did not tell him may the Lord deal with me according to his pleasure; but likewise if there be evil, I will certainly tell him and help him to get away and escape from my father. And may the Lord God be with him. And I pray, O Lord, that thou will while I yet live, You show kindness unto me that I die not, and will not cut off the kindness of my house when the Lord would have cut off the enemies of David, everyone from the face of the earth.” So Jonathon made a covenant with the house of David saying, “Let the Lord require it even at the hand of David’s enemies.” And Jonathon caused David to swear again; for he loved him as the Lord loved him.  



No comments:

Post a Comment