BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 878

BRAGADAYJAH 878
David’s Bewilderment

David knew for sure that Saul wanted to kill him; but why?  So speaking to Jonathon he asked him, “What have I done? What is my iniquity, and what is my sin before your father, that he wants to kill me?” Jonathon’s reply was, “God forbid that thou shalt die; for behold my father shall do nothing either great or small unless he tells me about it. So why should my father hide this thing from me?  It is not so.” But David affirmed and said, “Your father knows that I have found grace in your eyes, and, therefore, he was not going to let you know about his intention to kill me, lest he be grieved; but truly as the Lord liveth, and as my soul liveth, there is but a step between me and death.” And Jonathon assured David that whatever his soul desired he would do it for him. And David told Jonathon that the following day was the coming of the new moon; and he could not sit with the king at meat; but if Jonathon would let him go, he would go and hide himself in the field until the third day at evening. And if his father asked for him, he should tell him he had to run to Bethlehem, for there is a yearly sacrifice there for all his family. And if his father said, “Very well, your servant shall have peace; but if he becomes angry with you, then you will know that there is evil in his heart.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment