BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

BRAGADAYJAH 801

BRAGADAYJAH 801
How Hannah Prayed

While Hannah was speaking to the Lord, Eli the priest was observing her, and seeing her lips moving and hearing no sound coming out of her mouth, and it being still early in the morning, Eli concluded she was drunk.  So he said to her, “Woman how come you are in the house of the Lord so early in the morning and drunk beside!”  But Hannah replied to Eli and said, “No my Lord, I am not drunk; but I am a woman of a very sorrowful spirit; I have taken neither wine nor strong drink; but I was just pouring out my soul before the Lord. Do not regard this sorrowful women as a daughter of the Devil; for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken.” Then Eli answered her and said, “Go in peace; and the God of Israel grant you your petition which you have prayed for.”  And Hannah said,  “Let thy handmaid find favor in thy sight;” so she went away and did eat, and she was no longer sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment