BRAGADAYJAH 139

Sunday, May 15, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 967

BRAGADAYJAH 967
 Sheba Lost His Head

So Joab and the men of Judah pursued after Sheba the son of Bichri. And they went through all the tribes of Israel unto Abel and to Bethmaachah and the Berites and they were gathered together and they joined in pursuing after Sheba. And eventually they came and besieged him in Bethmaachah and the cast up bank against the city which stood in a trench and all the people that were with Joab battered the wall to throw it down Then cried a wise woman out of the city. “Hear, hear, I pray you unto Joab, Come here hither that I may speak with you.” And when Joab was come near unto the woman she asked “Are you Joab?” And Joab answered, “I am.” And she said, “Will you hear me? And Joab said, “I will.” Then said the woman. “It is said of old times They shall ask counsel at Abel and so ended the matter.  I am one of them that are for peace. I am able and faithful in Israel. You seek to destroy a city and a mother in Israel why will you swallow up the inheritance of the Lord?” And Joab answered and said, “Far be it from me that I should swallow up or destroy. The matter is not so. But a man of mount Ephraim, Sheba the son of Bichri, hath lifted up his hand against David the king, deliver him over to me and I will not destroy the city; and the woman said, ”His head shall be thrown to thee over the wall.” Then the woman went to all the people in her wisdom and they cut off the head of Sheba and cast it over the wall out to Joab and he blew a trumpet and they retired from the city, every man to his tent and Joab returned to /Jerusalem and to David. So it would seem Sheba the son of Bichri, lost his head twice. Once when he decided to rise up against David the anointed of God, and once when his head was handed on a proverbial platter to Joab.    

No comments:

Post a Comment