BRAGADAYJAH 139

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 963

BRAGADAYJAH 963
King David Showed Mercy to those Who Betrayed Him
Upon hearing Shimei’s request to the king for clemency, Abishai, the son of Zeruiah answered and said, “Shall not Shimei be put to death for in that he cursed the LORD’s anointed?” And David answered and said, “And what have I to do you sons of Zeruiah that you should this day be adversaries unto me? 

Should any man be put to death this day in Israel? For am I not aware that this day I am king over all Israel?”  So the king said to Shimei, “Thou shall not die, I swear unto you.” Then Mephibosheth the son of Saul came down to meet king David, having neither dressed his feet, nor trimmed his beard, nor changed his clothe, since the day the king departed out of Jerusalem until the day he came in peace.  And it happened that when he came to Jerusalem to meet the king, David asked him why he had not gone with him? And Mephibosheth answered and said, “My lord O king, my servant deceived me; for he told me that he would not saddle an ass for me to go the king, because my foot is lamed. And he has slandered me to you but; my lord the king is an angel of God; so I leave it to you to do that which seems right in your sight. For all my father’s house were as dead men before you the king; but yet you set me among them that ate at your table. For I know I do not have any right to cry before you anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment