BRAGADAYJAH 139

Monday, January 26, 2015

BRAGADAYJAH 498



BRAGADAYJAH 498
Moses, in continuing to address the host of Israel told them and said, the Lord your God has said, “Behold I have set the land before you; go in and possess the land which He the Lord swore unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give unto them and their seed after them. “ And I told you earlier that I was not able to bear you myself alone. “

Now the Lord your God has multiplied you, and, behold this day you are as the stars of heaven for multitude. The Lord God of your Fathers  make you a thousand times as many more as you are, and bless you as he has promised you. So how Can I alone bear your weight and your burden and our strife?  Pick you, therefore, men of wisdom and understanding, and I will make them rulers over you.”  And you answered me and said you agreed with my suggestion.  So I took the heads of your tribes, wise men, well known and made them head over you; captains over thousands, captains over hundreds, captains over fifties, and captains over tens, and officers among your tribes.  And I charged your judges at that time and told them, “Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger who is with him.  You must not respect persons in judgment, but hear the small as well as the great; you shall not be afraid of the face of any man, for the judgment is God’s, and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it to me and I will hear it. And I commanded you at that time all the things you should do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment