BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1132

The Prophetess declared Doom over Judah
Josiah to be spared.
Josiah ordered Hilkiah the priest and Ahikam, Achbor, Shaphan and Asahiah to go enquire unto the Lord on behalf of himself and the people; and they went to Huldah the prophetess the wife of Shallum the son of Hikvah the son of Harhas the keeper of the wardrobe. And they communed with her. And she said unto them, “Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel: Tell the man that sent you to me, thus sayeth the Lord: I will bring evil upon this place and upon its inhabitants, according to all the words of the book which the King of Judah has read. Because they have forsaken me, and have burnt incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands. Therefore, my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched. But to the king of Judah which sent you to enquire of the Lord, thus shall ye say to him: Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, As touching the words which thou hast heard, Because thy heart was tender, and has humbled thyself before the Lord, when thou did hear what is spoken against this place, and against its inhabitants, that they shall become a desolation and a curse, and have rent thy clothes and wept before me, I have heard thy voice. Therefore I shall gather thee unto thy fathers. And you shall go into your grave in peace. And your eyes shall not see all the evil which I shall bring upon this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment