BRAGADAYJAH 139

Friday, December 26, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 467


BRAGADAYJAH 467
Besides, Balaam continued, “
Who can count the dust of Jacob, and the number of the fourth part of Israel?  Let me die the death of the righteous, and let my last end be like his.”
Upon hearing the words of Balaam, Balak asked him, “What have you done to me? I engaged you to curse my enemies, but instead you have altogether blessed them.” But Balaam responded and asked Balak, “Must I not take heed to speak that which the Lord has out in my mouth?”
Hearing this Balak invited Balaam to go with him to another place where Balaam could see the host of Israel but not completely and from that viewpoint, thought Balak, Balaam could curse them.
So Balak led Balaam via the field of Zophin, to Mount Pisgah and built seven altars and offered a bullock and a ram on each altar there.  And he said to Balak, stand here by the burnt offering while I go yonder and meet with God.
And God met Balaam again, and told him what to go and tell Balak; and on his return, Balaam found Balak as before, standing with his princes beside the burnt offering; and Balak enquired of him what was the word from the Lord

And Balaam told him, “God is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of man that he should repent. Hath He said and does he not do it, or has he spoken and shall he not make it good?”  More

No comments:

Post a Comment