BRAGADAYJAH 139

Thursday, December 18, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 458

BRAGADAYJAH 459

After defeating the King of Bashan and possessing his land, the children of Israel moved on to the plains of Moab by the side of the Jordan by Jericho; and Balak the son of Zippor saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites, and he was very much afraid of the Israelites because they were many, and Moab was distressed because of the children of Israel.  So Moab told the elders of Median that the Israelites licked up everything that is around them much as an ox licks up the grass of the field.
Now at that time, Balak was king of the Moabites; so he sent messengers to Balaam the son of Beor to Pithor which is by the river of the land of his people to summon him saying there is a people come up out of Egypt and they cover the face of the earth and they are gathered against me.

“Therefore I want you to curse these people for me because they are too mighty for me to deal with them.  If you can somehow curse them perhaps I would be able to overcome them, and drive them out of the land. I am asking you to do this because I know you have the power to bless whomsoever you bless and curse whomsoever you curse.”

No comments:

Post a Comment