BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 464


GRAGADAYJAH 464

Having blocked Balaam’s way twice, the angel of the Lord then went and stood in a very narrow path along the way, leaving no room for the donkey to go around him; and when the ass saw that there was no room to pass, it went down on its belly before the angel.  And this so infuriated Balaam, that he beat the donkey furiously with his staff.
At this time the Lord opened up the mouth of the donkey and gave it utterance, so that the donkey spoke and said, “What have I done to you that caused you to beat me these three times? “
And Balaam said to the donkey, “Because you have mocked me, and if I had a sword in my hand I would run you through and kill you!”
Then the ass said to Balaam, “Am  I not your very own ass, for you to use and abuse as you please?  Have you not ridden me from the first day I became yours unto now?  Have I not always done unto you as it was my duty to do?”

Then the Lord opened up the eyes of Balaam and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way with a drawn sword, and Balaam fell down on his face before the angel of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment