BRAGADAYJAH 139

Monday, July 18, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1030

BRAGADAYJAH 1030
Jeroboam told the fate of his Line
And at that time, Abijah the son of Jeroboam fell ill.  And Jeroboam told his wife to disguise herself that no one would recognize who she was, and go to Shiloh and see Ahijah the prophet who had told him he was to be king over Israel. He instructed his wife to take with her ten loaves and some cakes and honey and give them to the prophet, who would then tell her what would happen to the child. And the woman did so and took with her the bread and cakes and honey; and she went to the prophet whose eyes were at that time dimmed by reason of age.  And the Lord told Ahijah that the wife of Jeroboam was on her way to see him to enquire about her son who was ill. The Lord told him she would disguise herself as another woman; so as soon as the prophet heard the footsteps of the wife of Jeroboam approaching he said, “Come in thou wife of Jeroboam.  Why are you coming to me disguised as another woman?  For I have sad news for you.  Go tell Jeroboam thus saith the Lord God of Israel.” “Forasmuch as I exalted you from among the people and make thee prince over Israel, taking the kingdom out of the hands of the house of David and gave it to you, and you are not as my servant David who kept my commandments and who followed me with all his heart to do that only that which was right in my sight. Now you have done evil above everyone that was before you, having gone and made other gods and molten images to provoke me to anger, and cast me behind your back. Therefore I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam and will cut off from Jeroboam he that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel, and will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam as a man takes away dung until it is all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment