BRAGADAYJAH 139

Friday, July 1, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1013

BRAGADAYJAH 1013
Solomon and he Queen of Sheba

When the Queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the Lord, she visited Solomon intending to ask him difficult questions in order to test his famed wisdom. She arrived at Jerusalem with a large company consisting of camels loaded with spices, and gold and precious stones; and when she came to Solomon she asked him all the questions that she had purposed in her heart to ask him.  And Solomon amazed her with his answers to her many questions.  And when the Queen of Sheba saw all the things that Solomon had built and his great wisdom, including the meat of his table and the dispositions of his servants, the attentions of his ministers, their dress, the demeanour of his cup-bearers, and the ascent by which he went up to the house of the Lord, she was much overwhelmed, and she had no more questions.  And she said to the king, “It was a true report that I heard concerning you when I was in my own land.  Nevertheless, I had doubts about some of the things I heard.  But now I have come and I have seen and now I believed. Your wisdom and your prosperity exceed everything I have heard. Happy are your men, happy are these your servants who are continually before you, and. blessed be the Lord your God, who delight in you, to set you on the throne of Israel, because the Lord loves Israel forever. Therefore he made you king to do judgment and justice.”  And she gave the king a hundred and twenty talents of gold and a very large store of spices and of precious stones which was the largest gift given to the king by any one person so far.     

No comments:

Post a Comment