BRAGADAYJAH 139

Thursday, July 7, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1019

BRAGADAYJAH 1019
Jeroboam promised Ten Tribes
Jeroboam’s cause against King Solomon was that Solomon had built Millo and repaired the breaches of the city of David his father. And at the time Jeroboam was a mighty man of valor, and Solomon seeing him as a young man that he was industrious made him ruler over all the charge of the house of Joseph. And it happened that at a time when Jeroboam was out of Jerusalem that the prophet Ahijah the Shilonite found him in the way clad in a new garment; and they were both alone in the field. And Ahijah caught the new garment that Jeroboam was wearing and tore it in twelve pieces and gave ten to him and said to him, “For thus saith the Lord God of Israel I will take the kingdom out of the hand of Solomon and give ten tribes to thee. But there shall be one tribe for my servant David’s sake and for Jerusalem’s sake the city which I have chosen out of the tribes of Israel. Because they have forsaken me and have worshipped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Milcom the god of the children of Ammon, and have not walked in my ways to do that which is right in mine eyes and to keep my commandments, my statutes and my judgments, as David his father did. Nevertheless I will not take the whole kingdom put of his hand but I will make him prince all the days of his life for David my servant sake whom I have chosen, because he has kept my statutes and my commandments; but I will take the kingdom out of his hand and give it to thee even ten tribes. And unto his son will I give one tribe that David my servant shall have a light always before me in Jerusalem the city which I have chosen to put my name in.  




No comments:

Post a Comment