BRAGADAYJAH 139

Saturday, July 9, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1021

BRAGADAYJAH 1021
Rehoboam’s conflicting Advice

Based on his request for time to think, Rehoboam consulted the old men who had served his father David, and asked them how they thought he should answer the people.  And they replied to him and said; “If thou be a servant of the people this day, and serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be your servants forever. “  But Rehoboam forsook the counsel of the old men which they gave him, and instead turned to the young men who grew up with him, and who stood before him, and asked them what advice they would give him to give to the people who had spoken to him and asked him to make their burdens lighter.” And the young men who were his companions told him to speak unto the people and tell them, “My father made your yoke heavy; but you are asking me to make it lighter unto you; but I say to you that my little finger shall be thicker than my father’s loins.  And now whereas my father did lay a heavy yoke upon you, I will add to your yoke; my father had chastised you with whips; but I shall chastise you with scorpions.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment