BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1017


BRAGADAYJAH 1017
Solomon angers God

And Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the abomination of Moab, in the hill between Jerusalem; and for Molech, an abomination for the children of Ammon; and he did the same for all his strange wives who burnt incense and made sacrifices to their gods. And the Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart was turned away from the Lord God of Israel who appeared unto him twice, and had commanded him concerning the very thing he was doing, to wit that he should not go after other gods; so he was not doing as the Lord God commanded him. Therefore the Lord said unto Solomon, “For as much as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenants, and my statutes which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee and give it to thy servants. But I will not do it in your day, because of my servant David your father; but I will rend it out of the hand of your son. Only I will not rend all of the kingdom, but will give one tribe to your son for David your father’s sake and for Jerusalem’s sake which I have chosen.” And the Lord stirred up an adversary unto Solomon, namely Hadad the Edomite being the king’s seed of Edom. For it came to pass when David was in Edom, and Joab the captain of the host had gone up to bury the lain after he had slain every male in Edom, where he had remained for six months, that Hadad then a little child was taken away to Egypt where he remained. .   

No comments:

Post a Comment