BRAGADAYJAH 139

Friday, September 18, 2015

BRAGADAYJAH 737

BRAGADAYJAH 737
Then Abimelech, no doubt companied by the louts he had hired, went into his father’s house at Ophrah and slew all seventy of his brethren, the sons of Jerubbaal his father, sparing only the youngest son who had managed to conceal himself.  And all the men of Shechem gathered together with the house of Milo and made Abimelech King by the plain of the pillar which was by Shechem. And when Jotham heard of it he went and stood at the top of mount Gerizim and lifted up his voice and cried unto them and said hearken unto me ye men of Shechem that God may hearken unto you, the trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them and they said to the olive trees, reign over us. But the olive tree said unto them “Should I leave my fatness wherein by me they honour God and man and go to be promoted over the trees? And the trees said to the fig tree you come and reign over us; but the fig tree said unto them should I forsake my sweetness and my good fruit to go and to be promoted over the trees? Then said the trees unto the vine come now and reign over us, and the vine said unto them, should I leave my vine which cheers God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?  







No comments:

Post a Comment