BRAGADAYJAH 139

Thursday, September 18, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 369

BRAGADAYJAH 369

Having promised blessing and leadership, weighted against punishment for disobedience, God still reminds his people that notwithstanding their iniquity, if they shall confess their own iniquity and also that of their fathers wherein they have trespassed against Him and walk contrary to Him, and causing him to walk contrary to them, yet if their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept their punishment for their iniquity, then He would remember His covenant with Jacob, and with Isaac and with Abraham, and He would remember the land.  And the land also would be left by them and shall enjoy her Sabbaths, while she lies desolate without them and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity, because they despised His ordinances and their soul abhorred his statutes.
“And yet for all that,” said the Lord, “when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them; for I am the Lord their God.”
“But I will for their sakes remember the covenants of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt, in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God, I am the Lord.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment