BRAGADAYJAH 139

Friday, October 23, 2015

BRAGADAYJAH 772

BRAGADAYJAH 772
Delilah Gets Her Wish

After days of constant urging and pleading, Samson gave in and told Delilah, “There has never come a razor on my head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother’s womb.  If I be shaven, then my strength will go from me; and I shall become weak like any other man.” And as soon as Delilah saw that Samson had spoken to her from the heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines and told them, to come this last time; for surely Samson had revealed to her the innermost secret of his heart. So the lords of the Philistines came to Delilah and paid her off. After that, Delilah lulled Samson into falling asleep on her lap, and then got a man to come in while he was asleep and shave off the seven locks on his head.  Then she herself started to beat up on Samson and even she was stronger than he; and so she shouted for the last time, “The Philistines are upon thee Samson;” and this time he awoke out of his sleep, he thought to himself that he would go out as before and shake himself and gather his strength; but he did not know that the Lord had departed from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment