BRAGADAYJAH 139

Thursday, October 15, 2015

BRAGADAYJAH 764

BRAGADAYJAH 764
Samson Betrayed By His Wife

Some may say Samson’s wife betrayed him, but others may see in the threat by the young men to burn her and her father’s house to be extenuating circumstances which would render her action aimed at saving herself and her father rather than downright betrayal.  That fact notwithstanding, she used her charm on her husband, using not least of all the “you do not love me or you would not,” strategy to get her husband to cave in to her subterfuge. Sampson, of course did not give in to his wife’s charm at first.  “I have not told my secret to my father or my mother,” Samson told his wife. “So what makes you think I would tell it to you?” So when the “You do not really love me,” stratagem did not work, Sampson’s wife put on the sorrowful wife face and it worked.  After she wept and wept over the period of seven days, Sampson gave in and told his wife his secret and she of course told to the young men her people.

No comments:

Post a Comment