BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

BRAGADAYJAH 1363

BRAGADAYJAH 1363
Psalm 39: A Psalm of David.
Man’s Frailty.
I said, I will take heed of my ways that I sin not with my tongue. I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me. I was dumb with silence; I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred. My heart was not within me; while I was musing the fire burnt. Then spake I with my tongue. Lord make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days.what it is, that I may know how frail I am. Behold thou has made my days as a hand's breath, and my age is as nothing before thee. Verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Surely every man walks in a vain show; suely they are disquieted in vain, he heaps up riches and knows not who shall gather them. And now Lord what wait I for? My hope is in thee. Deliver me from all my transgressions, make me not the reproach of the foolish. I was dumb; I opened not my mouth, because thou did it. Remove thy stroke away from me; I am consumed by the blow of thine hand. When thou with rebukes corrects man for iniquity, thou makes his beauty to consume away like a moth. Surely, every man is vanity. Hear my prayer O Lord; give ear unto my cry. Hold not thy peace at my tears; for I am a stranger with thee and a sojourner as all my fathers were. O spare me that I may recover strength before I go hence and be no more.   


www.chaberbooks.com_____










No comments:

Post a Comment