BRAGADAYJAH 139

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1057

www.chaberbooks.com
BRAGADAYJAH 1057
Elijah called down fire on the king’s captains.
Having perceived that the person described to him by his messengers was none other than Elijah, Ahaziah sent one of his captains accompanied by his fifty to fetch Elijah. And they found him sitting on the top of a hill; and they told him, “Thou man of God, the king says, Come down.” And Elijah answered and said, “If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your men.” And there came down fire from heaven and consume the captain and his men. And the king sent another captain with fifty and again he told Elijah, “O man of God, the king says to come down quickly.” And Elijah answered as before, “If I am a man of God let fire come down and consume you quickly.  And again fire came down and consumed the captain and his men. And the king sent a third captain and his fifty again to Elijah. And he went and knelt down before Elijah and said to him, “O man of God I pray you let my life and the life of my men be precious in thy sight. For behold fire came down from heaven and consumed the two captains and their men who came to you before me; therefore let my life and that of my men be precious in thy sight.” And the angel of the Lord told Elijah not to be afraid but to go down with him and Elijah rose and went down with him and appeared before the king.

No comments:

Post a Comment