BRAGADAYJAH 139

Monday, August 8, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1051

BRAGADAYJAH 1051
Benhadad king of Syria challenges Ahab
At that time Benhadad king of Syria, gathered all his hosts together, thirty thousand two hundred of them, together with horses and chariots, and went and laid siege against Samaria and made war against Samaria. And he sent messengers to Ahab king of Samaria saying, “Thy silver and thy gold are mine and all the best of your wives and children are all mine.” And Ahab, the king of Israel answered and said, “My lord O king as you have said myself and all I possess are thine.” And Benhadad’s messenger came to Ahab a second time and said, “Thus says Benhadad, although I have said unto you give me your silver and your gold and your wives and your children, yet this time tomorrow my messengers shall search your house and the houses of your servants and whatever they shall find desirable in your house they shall take it away.”  And so the king of Israel called for the elders of the land and said. “Mark I pray you and observe how this man seeks to make mischief. For he sent unto me for my wives and for my children and for my silver and my gold and I denied him not.” And all the elders said unto him listen not to him nor consent to him.”  Therefore he said unto the messengers of Benhadad. “Tell my lord that all that he asked for in the first place I will do; but this second thing I will not do


No comments:

Post a Comment