BRAGADAYJAH 139

Monday, August 22, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1055

BRAGADAYJAH 1055
End of an Era.
Perhaps I should take a breather today and explain to those who may be just coming on board what BRAGADAYJAH is all about. Just about the time I set up a twitter account, I got the inspiration to start a daily blog, and thinking about it, I thought of the name “Bragadayjah,” brag a day about Jah. Not that I normally refer to God as Jah, an appellation which appeared in Psalm 68:4, and which of course is really a poetic abbreviation of the Hebrew title Yahweh which in itself is an English transliteration of the four Hebrew letters YHWH. Be that as it may, I asked the Lord to empower me to write, brag, about him every day as long as he would permit and energize me to do so.  That was 1055 days ago and thank God I have not missed a single day, notwithstanding many occasions on which it would seem I would not make it owing to one thing or another.  Today, 1055 days later, I am still going strong thank God. Jesus has never failed me yet and I know he will never fail me even up to the last. I started in the book of Genesis and I have just completed the Book of First Kings. Today I should have started with the Second Book of kings. As we completed the book of 1 kings we came to the juncture where that wicked king of Israel, Ahab is dead and succeeded by his son Ahaziah, and Jehoshaphat who ruled over Judah, and who among other good things got rid of the Sodomites is also dead, and succeeded by his son Jehoram. We remember of course that going back to the days of Solomon king of all Israel, God had split the kingdom, giving ten tribes, thenceforth called Israel, to Jeroboam who ruled from Samaria, and two tribes Judah and Benjamin, thenceforth referred to as Judah to Rehoboam who ruled at Jerusalem. Tomorrow, God willing we will open the book of 11 kings and continue on.




No comments:

Post a Comment