BRAGADAYJAH 139

Saturday, August 6, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1049

BRAGADAYJAH 1049
The still small voice of God.

And the angel of the Lord appeared to Elijah and asked him what he was doing there.  And Elijah said, “I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts; for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I even I only am left, and they seek my life to take it away.” And the angel told him to go forth and stand before the Lord upon the mount. And the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and broke in pieces the rock before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice. And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave.  And there came a voice unto him, and asked him what he was doing there. And he said. “I have been very jealous for the Lord God of host because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thy altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I even I only am left; and they seek my life to take it away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment