BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

BRAGADAYJAH 797

BRAGADAYJAH 797
Ruth’s classic expression of Love.

In response to her mother-in-law, Ruth spoke the never-to-be forgotten words:  “Entreat me not to leave thee or return from following after thee; for whither thou goest I will go, and whither thou lodgest I will lodge; thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.  Where thou diest will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.” And when Naomi saw that Ruth’s mind was made up, and her resolve to remain with her unshakeable, she ceased trying to dissuade her. So Naomi and Ruth set out and continued until they arrived at Bethlehem.  And the people at Bethlehem were glad to see Naomi, some of them asking, is this really you, Naomi? And Naomi answered and said, “Call me Mara, for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me. I went out full and the Lord has brought me home empty; so why do you call me Naomi since the Lord has testified against me, and the Almighty has afflicted me?  So Naomi and Ruth remained in Jerusalem, Naomi formerly of Bethlehem, Ruth a Moabitess.

No comments:

Post a Comment