BRAGADAYJAH 139

Monday, August 10, 2015

BRAGADAYJAH 697

BRAGADAYJAH 697
Israel’s Misfeasance.

Israel’s misfeasance can be summed up in the simple phrase, “And it came to pass that when Israel was strong they put the Canaanites to tribute and did not drive them out.” The import of the tribute is that they disobeyed God and did not drive out the enemy; but rather sought to keep them dwelling among them for gain.  So the angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bechim and said, “I made you to go up out of Egypt and have brought you unto the land which I swore unto your fathers and said, I will never break my covenant with you.  And you shall make no league with the inhabitants of the land; you shall throw down their altars; but you have ignored my voice and so tell me, why have you done this?” “Therefore, I also said I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your side and their gods shall be a snare unto you.”          

No comments:

Post a Comment