BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 332


The Lord God is not slack concerning his promises, neither is he lack concerning His commandments to His people.  In directing his people towards a life of holiness, He was very detailed and as has been said earlier, these commandments of the Lord were never vitiated.
So now, the Lord says to Moses again, speak unto the children of Israel and remind them, “I am the Lord your God.”
“And after the doings of the people of the land of Egypt wherein you lived and which I brought you from, you shall not do neither shall you do after the ways of the Canaanites to whose land I have brought you; do not do like any of them nor walk according to their laws and customs.
You shall be careful to do and to keep only my laws, my ordinances and my commandments. For if a man does according to my statutes, my laws, my ordinances and my commandments he shall live in keeping them.
God then lists a number of inter-personal relationships and practices which He absolutely prohibited and are as follows:
1                   None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to you to uncover their nakedness: For I am the Lord.
2                   The nakedness of your father or the nakedness of your mother shall you not uncover; for she is your parent.
3                   The nakedness of your father’s wife you shall not uncover, it is the same as the nakedness of your father.
4                   The nakedness of your sister, whether the daughter of your father or the daughter of your mother, born at home or born abroad, their nakedness you shall not uncover.

5                   The nakedness of your son’s daughter, or of your daughter’s daughter, even their nakedness you must not uncover. More.   

No comments:

Post a Comment