BRAGADAYJAH 139

Sunday, June 8, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 267

A New Commission

And God said, see now I make a new covenant with you.  Before all the people I will do marvels such as not have been before done on all the earth, nor in any nation.  And all the people who dwell among you shall see the works of the Lord; for it is an awe-inspiring thing that I shall do with you.”
            “Keep in mind and do all I command you this day. I will drive out from before you the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites.  Make sure you do not make any pact with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest such a pact becomes a snare to you; but rather, you shall destroy their altars, break down their images and cast out their idols; for remember my command not to worship any other gods but me your Lord, whose name is Zealous; for I am a jealous God.”
            Be careful not to make any covenants with the inhabitants of the land, and cause you to play the harlot with their gods, and sacrifice to them and eat things sacrifice to their gods, and become involved with their sons and their daughters, and your sons and daughters become involved with them, and you are ensnared by their practices and start worshipping their gods.”
            “And,” said the Lord; “I forbid you to make any melted images, and to worship any such.”  More
            So the children of Israel having falling away into idolatry, the Lord renewed His covenant with them and repeats his warnings amid promises to be their God.



No comments:

Post a Comment