BRAGADAYJAH 139

Sunday, December 18, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1172


BRAGADAYJAH 1172
Nehemiah’s Prayer

Nehemiah’s reaction on hearing the state of ruin to the walls of Jerusalem was to pray.  For he says “When I heard these words, that I sat and wept and mourned certain days, and fasted and prayed before the Lord of heaven and I said,” “I beseech thee O Lord God of heaven the great and terrible God that keepeth covenants and mercy, for them that love Him and observe His commandments, Let thine ear now be attentive and thy eyes open that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant which I pray before you now day and night for the children of Israel Thy servants confess the sins of the children of Israel which we have sinned against thee, both I and my father’s house have sinned. We have dealt very corruptly against thee not having kept thy commandment, nor thy statutes, and the judgments which thou commanded thy servant Moses, remember I beseech thee the word that thou commanded thy servant Moses saying, If ye transgress I will scatter you abroad among the nations. But if ye turn unto me and keep my commandments and do them, though they were of you cast out to the uttermost part of heaven yet will I suffer them from hence and I will bring them back to the place that I have chosen to set their name there. Now these are thy servants thy people whom thou hast redeemed by thy great power and thy strong hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment