BRAGADAYJAH 139

Friday, December 9, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1163

BRAGADAYJAH 1163
Ezra’s Thanksgiving

Ezra thanked the Lord and said, “Blessed be the Lord God of our fathers, who has put such a thing as this in the heart of the king, to beautify the house of the Lord which is in Jerusalem. And has extended mercy unto me before the king and his counsellors, and before all the king’s mighty princes. And I was strengthened as the hand of the Lord my God was upon me. And I gathered together out of Israel chief men to go up with me.” Indeed looking at the decree of king Artaxerxes, not only contributing personally gold and silver and other supplies towards building the house of a foreign God, but specifically his declaration that, “whatsoever is commanded by the God of heaven let it be diligently done for the house of the God of heaven,” would seem completely out of character by any heathen king unless one sees it as directly being the executive will and judgment of God. Ezra knew it hence his statement that “God has extended mercy unto me before the king.”

No comments:

Post a Comment