BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

BRAGADAYJAH 663

BRAGADAYJAH 663
The only people that the Israelites did not expel, but rather allowed to live among them continually were the Maachathites and the Geshurites.  And the countries which the children of Israel inherited in the land of Canaan which was distributed to them by Eleazar the priest and Joshua the son of Nun and the heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel was as follows:  For the children of Joseph were two tribes, Manasseh and Ephraim, the Levites not getting a share of the land except cities to dwell in with their suburbs for their cattle and for their substance. Then the children of Judah came to Joshua in Gilgal and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite and said unto him. “Thou knoweth the thing the Lord said unto Moses the man of God, concerning me and thee in Kadesh-barnea.  Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me from Kadesh-barnea to spy out the land and I brought him word again as was in my heart.  Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt; but I wholly followed the Lord my God. And now behold the Lord hath kept me alive as He said these forty years ever since the Lord spoke this word unto Moses while the children of Israel wandered and now lo I am this day fourscore and five years old  

No comments:

Post a Comment