BRAGADAYJAH 139

Friday, May 29, 2015

BRAGADAYJAH 623


BRAGADAYJAH 623
Rahab’s Intuition

Strange as it may seem, unless one includes in the equation God’s mighty foreknowledge and power, the woman Rahab, the harlot, knew who the spies were, knew their mission, and knew also that their mission would be successful; for she told them, “I know that the Lord has given you the land, that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land fear you. For we have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Egypt, and what he did to the two kings of the Amorites who were on the other side of the Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom you utterly destroyed.  And as soon as we had heed these things our hearts did melt, neither was there any courage remain in any man because of you; for the Lord is God in heaven above and in the earth beneath. Now, therefore, I pray you, swear unto me by the Lord since I have shown you kindness you will also show kindness unto my father’s house and give me a true token, so that my father’s household will be saved from death when you destroy the rest of my people. And the men answered and promised her that her name would be mentioned both in their report, and also before the Lord; and that Rahab and her father’s household would be spared.

No comments:

Post a Comment