BRAGADAYJAH 139

Monday, March 2, 2015

BRAGADAYJAH 534

BRAGADAYJAH 534
The Sad recollection Continued
“In addition,” said Moses, “the Lord spoke unto me saying, I have seen this people and they are a stiff-necked people.  Leave me alone that I may destroy them, and blot out their name from heaven; and I will make me a nation mightier and greater than they.”

“So,” said Moses, “I turned and came down from the Mount and the mount burned with fire, and the two tables of stone were in my two hands.  And I looked and saw you had sinned against the Lord your God, and had made you a melted calf; you had turned aside quickly out of the way the Lord had commanded you. And I took the two tables and cast them out of my hands before your eyes.  And I fell down before the Lord as I did at first.  Forty days and forty nights I neither ate bread nor drank water, because of all your sins which you sinned in doing wickedly in the sight of the Lord your God, to provoke Him to anger.  For I was afraid of the anger and the hot displeasure of the Lord for which cause the Lord was angry with you to destroy you; but the Lord hearkened unto me at that time also.  And the Lord was very angry with Aaron to destroy him and I prayed for Aaron also at the same time. And I took your sin, the calf which you had made and burned it with fire and stamped upon it and ground it very small even as small as dust; and I cast the dust into the book that flowed down from the mount.  More

No comments:

Post a Comment