BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

BRAGADAYJAH 1118

BRAGADJAH 1118
The Lord Assures Hezekiah

And at that time Isaiah the son of Amoz sent to Hezekiah and told him that the Lord God of Israel has said that the prayers which he prayed against Sennacherib the king of Assyria have been heard; and the word that the Lord has spoken concerning Sennacherib is that, “The virgin, the daughter of Zion has despised thee, and laughed thee to scorn; the daughter of Jerusalem has shaken her head at thee; whom has thou approached and blasphemed. And against whom has thou exalted thy voice, and lifted up thy eyes on high, even against the Holy One of Israel. By thy messengers thou has reproached the Lord, and has said, with my multitude of chariots I have come up to the height of the mountains, to the sides of Lebanon and will cut down the tall cedar trees thereof, and the choice fir trees thereof, and I will enter into the lodgings of its borders, and into the forests of his Carmel. I have dug and drank strange waters, and with the sole of my feet have I dried up all the rivers of besieged places. Have thou not heard long ago, how I have done it, and of ancient times I have formed it? Now have I brought it to pass that you should come to lay waste fenced cities into ruinous heaps?”

No comments:

Post a Comment