BRAGADAYJAH 139

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 423

BRAGADAYJAH 423

The Murmuring of Miriam and Aaron.
While at Hazeroth, Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of a Cushite woman whom he had married.  More particularly, they questioned Moses’ special relationship with God by asking whether the Lord spoke to Moses only and suggesting that He spoke also to them in like manner, and these sayings of Miriam and Aaron displeased the Lord.
Then the Lord knowing Moses was a man of great humility commanded Moses and Miriam and Aaron to go into the sanctuary of the congregation, and they all did so. And the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud and stood in the door of the tabernacle and called Miriam and Aaron unto Him and they went.
Then the Lord said to them both, “Hear now my words, if there is a prophet among you I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision and will speak unto him in a dream. I do not do so with my servant Moses. He is faithful to me in my service. With him I speak mouth to mouth; I speak to him plainly, not in dark speeches and the likeness of the Lord he beholds. “Wherefore, then, were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”
The anger of the Lord still burned against Miriam and Aaron and He left them. And the cloud departed from the tabernacle and in an instant after, Miriam became leprous white as snow; and Aaron looked upon Miriam and saw that she was leprous.
And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas my Lord, I beseech you, lay not this sin upon us, by which we have done foolishly and have sinned. And he said to Moses please don’t let her be as one dead, covered with dead flesh.  And Moses called upon the Lord and asked him to heal his sister.
And the Lord asked Moses, “If Miriam’s father had spat in her face would she not have been ashamed seven days?”  Therefore let her be shut up seven days and after that let her be readmitted into the camp. And after being shut away from the camp Miriam was readmitted and after that the people moved from Hazeroth and encamped in the wilderness of Paran. 





No comments:

Post a Comment