BRAGADAYJAH 139

Saturday, November 8, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 419

BRAGADAYJAH 419
The Complaint of Moses
Here in Moses’ complaint to God, we may see the unfailing frailty of flesh.  Here Moses who was at that time closest to God, having followed Him from Egypt through the wilderness, spent time with Him on the Mountain and saw his glory, and heard His voice, now asks God, “Wherefore has thou afflicted thy servant? And what have I done in thy sight to make thee cast this heavy burden on me that I should have to console this people whom thou hast afflicted in your displeasure with them?”  “Am I the one who conceived all this people? Am I their father that you should say to me, carry them in your bosom and nurse them and carry them to the land which you swore to give them?”
“From where should I get flesh to feed all this people? For they cry out to me, “Give us flesh to eat!”

“I am not able to bear all this people alone; the burden of them is too heavy for me. And if this is the way you are going to deal with me, Lord, I ask you to kill me and let me be rid of these people; I cannot bear to see them suffer so; and I cannot bear my own wretchedness.”   

No comments:

Post a Comment