BRAGADAYJAH 139

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 179

BRAGADAYJAH 179 The Pharaoh asked Moses, “Who is your God that I should obey him?” Clearly Pharaoh truly had no real idea whom he was messing with, or else he would have heeded Moses. Let us look again at God’s message to Moses for the children of Israel: I will bring you out from under the burden of the Egyptians; I will rid you out of their bondage; I will redeem you with an outstretched arm; I will take you to me for a people; I will be to you a God; I will bring you in unto the land I promised you; I will give it to you as an everlasting heritage; Seven times the Great I Am said I will; but the children of Israel would not believe; their excuse, the burdens they bore were too heavy, and the pain of their labor too unrelenting. The Lord, therefore, directed Moses to go back to the Pharaoh, King of Egypt and request him to let God’s people go out of the land of Egypt. In response Moses asked God why should the Pharaoh listen to him, when the very people he was sent to help no longer listened to him. It was a fair question to ask, even when speaking with God. Here were these people who were supposed to be the people of God; these very people obviously did not trust or fear him; they continued to fear and to doubt notwithstanding his manifold promises; so why should Pharaoh who had his own gods do so? In addition, Moses was concerned with the fact that he was just a man, and an imperfect man at that. Pharaoh was a king; by rights, he had no standing, no right of audience before the Pharaoh. He had no power, no army, no authority; so why should the Pharaoh even listen to him or obey him? God’s further response to Moses hesitancy was to point out that he had been made a god to Pharaoh and that Aaron was to be his prophet; So said God as far as right of standing before Pharaoh is concerned, you are now made a god and you can now speak to him on equal terms as of god to god by the mouth of your prophet your brother Aaron. So go now and speak to Pharaoh and tell him, let my people go out of the land. More

No comments:

Post a Comment