BRAGADAYJAH 139

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

BRAGADAYJAH 171

If you know anything about God, you would know that when he gives instructions they are precise, clear, detailed and to the point. God is never vague or imprecise about what he wants his servants to do or what he expects of them. So now he is talking to an incredulous Moses; who is having a one on one experience with God for the first time. God is about to send him on a mission; granted a mission that seemed to Moses highly dangerous if not impossible; so God gets down to details and specifics with him. Having given a code name by which his authority could be recognized, he continued to tell Moses, “When you go down to Egypt, first gather all the elders of the people together; then you tell them, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob appeared unto me, and said unto me, I have surely visited you, and have seen all the things that have been done to you in Egypt. Therefore I have said, I will bring you out of your afflictions and take you to and give you the land of the Canaanites, and the Hitties and the Amorites, and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, a land that is flowing with milk and honey.” “And the people shall listen to you and the elders shall go with you before the King, and you shall say to him; The Lord God of the Hebrews hath met with us, and so now we request that you give us three days off so that we may go into the wilderness and sacrifice to the Lord our God. I know he will say no and will not let you go; but I will stretch forth my hand and smite Egypt with all my wonders and great power and after that he will let you go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment