BRAGADAYJAH 139

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

BRAGADAYJAH 73

Given permission to speak and to relate his mission, Abraham’s servant told of his Master Abraham’s many blessings; that he had become very great because the lord gave him flocks and herds, and silver and gold and many male servants and female servants, and camels and assess. He told how Abraham’s wife Sarah had a son when she was old, and unto this son, Abraham gave all that he had. He related how his master made him swear that his son should not take a wife of the daughters of the Canaanites, in whose land he dwelt, but that he should proceed to his own country and chose a wife for his son from among his kindred. He even related how he told his master, “Perhaps the woman will not follow me;” but that his master said, “The Lord before whom I walk will send his angel with thee. And he shall prosper thy way. And thou shall take a wife for my son of my kindred and of my father’s house. But he also promised me that if I was unable to get a wife for my son from my father’s house then would I be clear from my obligation. Continuing, Abraham’s servant related how when he came to the well he prayed to the Lord and told him that if he would prosper his journey when he stood by the well of water, and if he should ask the first maiden for water and she gave it to him, and if further she would say she would also draw water for his camels, then let her be the one for his master’s son. He then told them the whole sequence of events of everything that happened from the first conversation with Rebekah up to the moment he was sitting at Laban’s dining table. And having thus laid out his case and his mission he forthrightly said, “Now let me know if you will deal kindly and truly with my master. Tell me one way or another, yea or nay, that I do not waste my time. More

No comments:

Post a Comment