BRAGADAYJAH 139

Saturday, October 5, 2013

BRAGADAYJAH 20

They say tempus fugit. Latin for time flies, and indeed it does, especially when you are having fun. Its been 20 days already since I undertook this mission of taking a quick daily survey of the Bible, and thank God I have not missed a day so far. Hope I can continue every day, 365 days, the first objective. When I ended yesterday, I left off on the note where God told Noah, “Kill and eat;” and I hinted that it was significant as indeed it is. We will recall that in the several generations before Noah going back to Adam, men lives almost a thousand years. Indeed, Noah’s grandfather, Methuselah, the longest recorded lifespan, lived 969 years, and Noah’s father, 777 years. Some numerologist would point to the three sevens and say they are both significant and portentous; but I will leave that for another time. The point is here is that all the men who preceded Noah were vegetarians, and look how long they lived! Now after God decided to destroy the Old World and limit man’s lifespan to 120 years, God said now go ahead and eat flesh. Was that in order to help man to die more quickly? The proposition surely begs the question. For myself I do think that the Creator knew exactly what the human body needed to slow it down and start the aging process. After all he made it! More…..

No comments:

Post a Comment