BRAGADAYJAH 139

Sunday, September 9, 2018

BRAGADAYJAH 1797

BRAGADAYJAH 1797 Isaiah 36 Verses 5-8 Sennacherib’s invasion of Israel. I say, saith thou, but they are of plain words. I have counsel and strength for war; now on whom dost thou trust, that thou rebellest against me? Lo thou trustest in the staff of tis broken reed, on Egypt; whereon if a man lean, it will go into his hand, and pierce it; so is Pharaoh king of Egypt to all that trust in him. But if thou say to me, we trust in the Lord our God; is it not he, whose high places and whose altars Hezekiah hath taken away, and said to Judah and to Jerusalem, Ye shall worship before this altar? Now, therefore, give pledges, I pray thee to my master the king of Assyria, and I will give thee two thousand horses, if thou be able on thy path to set riders upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment